Loan Arrears Advice
Loan Arrears - Community Credit Union Ltd

Unfortunately, when you miss a loan repayment, your account falls into arrears i.e. you have fallen behind on your loan repayments. If it remains in arrears our Credit Control Department will contact you via phone, email or letter. If you find yourself in financial difficulty and unable to meet your credit union loan repayments, please contact our credit control officer before our credit control officer rings you. We’re here to help you through this difficult time.

If you have:

  • Become redundant or employment circumstances change,
  • Family circumstances have changed,
  • Are on a low income,
  • Fallen behind in loan repayments,
  • Are in ill health
  • Find yourself over-indebted
  • Finding it difficult to meet repayments

Contact our Credit Control Department “Cabot Financial Services Ireland” on 01 8692500 & select option 4 for Credit Control or email to talk to a member of the credit control department.

Our Credit Control Department will:

  • Review your account & discuss your overall situation
  • Help you to write a realistic budget, if you wish,
  • Assist you in getting back on track with repayments
  • Discuss all options available to you & work together to agree a realistic payment plan
  • And we do not charge our members a fee for this service!

Contact our Credit Control Department today to arrange an appointment and start the process of getting back on your feet!


Helpful Contacts:

  • Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)

MABS ( offers free and confidential independent advice and assistance with managing your finances.

You may wish to seek assistance from Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)

Telephone 0761 07 2000.

A website – is provided by the Citizens Information Board and the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS).  This website aims to provide comprehensive information on the services and entitlements available to mortgage borrowers who may be experiencing difficulties making mortgage repayments.

  • Insolvency Service of Ireland                      

Under the Personal Insolvency Act 2012, you have the right to consult with a Personal Insolvency Practitioner. For more information please refer to their website at

If you would like more information please contact us today.

Contact Us