The Common Bond (Catchment Area)
To join Community Credit Union you must either:
- Live in the common bond (catchment area) OR
- Work in the common bond.
- Live in the household of AND be a member of the family of a person who is currently a member OR
- Be an employee of OSI (Ordnance Survey Ireland).
If an individual is eligible to join due to the fact that they work in the common bond, then they must provide evidence of their current address as well as a letter signed on headed paper from their employer stating the location where they work.
What is Needed to Join?
Under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2010, Community Credit Union is required to establish the identity (name, date of birth, address) of an individual prior to opening an account for them.
Name and Date of Birth
- Current Valid Passport OR Current Valid Driver’s Licence
- Utility bill, bank statement, Credit Union statement, household / motor insurance certificate or renewal letter, correspondence from the Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection, Correspondence from local authority addressed to you to your home and dated within the past 6 months
- Under separate legislation we are also required to establish the PPS number of our members also. This can be established by presenting one of the following documents: European Health Insurance Card, Medical Card, Pension Book, Social Services Card, Drug Payment Scheme Card, Pay slip, P60, Correspondence from Revenue Commissioners.
- Married people who do not have evidence of address in their own name, evidence of address in their spouse’s name is acceptable but MUST be accompanied by a Marriage Certificate.
- Children Under 16 – Children under 16 may use a Birth Certificate as evidence of identity. To support this membership application a parent/guardian must also provide evidence of their own name, date of birth and address. This is irrespective of whether the parent/guardian is already a member of the credit union.
- Where an individual cannot produce the above documents, please speak to one of our staff and we can discuss possible alternative documents you may be able to provide so that we can proceed with your membership application.
Membership Application Forms
To download the Membership Application Forms for Adults and Minors, please click here.
Operating Children’s Accounts
Please visit our Downloads section to review the policies and procedures involved in opening an account for a minor.